YumSugarSource: More Than Just Hamburgers: 10 Meats to Try on the Grill
It's easy to get in a barbecue rut by grilling only the most basic and expected things, but there are a wide variety of meats including pork tenderloin, lamb chops, tri-tip beef, and sardines that are worth experimenting with. Expand your grilled meat repertoire with these 10 recipes, whether you want to marinate your meat with unfamiliar ingredients like Brazilian liquor or you just want a simple, uncomplicated prep to allow the flavor of the meat to speak for itself.
- Tropical Hot Dogs: Dress up your hot dog with unconventional toppings like pineapple, peppadews, and cilantro with this tropical hot dog recipe.
- Blackberry Jalapeño Glazed Pork Tenderloin: Real blackberries and roasted jalapeños create a spicy-sweet glaze for this grilled pork tenderloin.
- Grilled Gourmet Sausage Sandwich on Olive Bread: For something on the peppery, tart side, try a grilled chicken-apple-sausage sandwich on olive bread with Dijon, onion, and red bell pepper.
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Rosemary Coating and Red Pepper Sauce: This juicy pork tenderloin is smothered in a rosemary puree, grilled, and served with a roasted red pepper sauce.
- Grilled Lamb Chops With Garlic, Chilies, and Anchovies : Anchovies and lamb chops? It's an unusual combination: the briny saltiness of the anchovies enhances the flavors of this grilled lamb chop recipe.
More from YumSugar: Grilled Pickled Jalapeños That Rival Restaurant-Quality
- Cuban Grilled Pork: Cuban grilled pork combines fresh lime and orange juice, fragrant cumin and oregano, and lots of minced garlic. Slashing the meat before it's marinated allows the flavors to soak into the meat for a juicier, more tender result.
- Tri-Tip With Chimichurri: Fresh oregano is used in place of parsley in this chimichurri-dressed tri-tip recipe.
- Grilled Cachaça-Marinated Hanger Steak: Cachaça, the national liquor of Brazil, marinates this hanger steak along with onion, ketchup, coriander, and soy sauce.
- Shrimp With Chili, Oregano, and Olive Oil: Nothing exotic, just a classic mixture of fresh herbs, garlic, chili flakes, and lemon zest is used to marinate these grilled shrimp in the shell.
- Grilled Spanish Sardines : Just like the Spanish like them: grilled and seasoned with chunky salt crystals. Learn the traditional method of grilling Spanish-style sardines.
5 Different Ways to Grill Fish
7 Irresistible Spins on Grilled Chicken
Taste Test: Heinz Ketchup Blended With Balsamic Vinegar
Follow YumSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of YumSugar on Facebook