A dessert for all seasons.There's no busier time of year for many moms than the winter holidays. While most of the treats I make are the baked kind, I like these because they're completely no-bake but every bit as decadent as anything I serve. Setting time is important, so don't skimp on the 4-hour refrigeration - you'll be glad you waited. Try them out on New Year's Eve for a no-fuss dessert dish.
Cookie Dough Layer
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup mini semi-sweet morsels
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup powdered sugar
1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese - softened
1/2 cup heavy cream - whipped stiff
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate coating pieces
1. Cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
2. Add flour until a soft dough forms. Fold in chocolate morsels.
3. Press cookie dough layer evenly into an 8x10 pan with straight sides.
4. Blend cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in heavy whipped cream.
5. Spread over top of cookie dough layer and cover with plastic wrap so that wrap is not touching the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. Melt chocolate chips or coating until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cream cheese layer evenly and refrigerate for another 2 hours or overnight until firm. Cover with plastic wrap that is not touching the chocolate top layer.
7. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting with a heated and dry knife.
-By Anne Coleman