Memorial Day is just around the corner, which means that grilling season is almost upon us! Bring your A-game with these 6 quick tips.
1. Bring steaks and pork chops to room temperature before grilling them. Keep fish and chicken refrigerated.
2. Season foods generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
Related: Easy, Impressive Grilling Recipes
3. Be sure to preheat the grill to medium-high before you begin.
4. When searing foods, always keep the lid open.
Related: 15 Kitchen Shortcuts That Will Change the Way You Cook
5. Don't flip food often or move it around (unless you are doing so to avoid flare-ups).
6. Let steaks, chops, and chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving.
What are your favorite grilling tips?
More from Martha Stewart Living:
Easy, Everyday Meatless Recipes
10 Healthy and Delicious Smoothie Recipes to Try
Favorite One-Pot Meals for the Family
Bacon, 46 Ways to Cook and Eat It
1 - 4 of 90
What to Cook Now
Food Photo Galleries
1 - 4 of 29