Peanut butter and jelly cake
2 cups whole grain pancake mix (the kind where you still add eggs and stuff, not the just add water)
3 Tbsp. melted butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 ½ cups milk
1 jar all natural peanut butter, softened
1 jar (think small smuckers size) jelly or preserves (whatever flavor suits you)
3 large eggs, well beaten
2 tsp. cinnamon (plus more to garnish top if desired)
½ tsp. ginger
½ tsp. ground cloves
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1 cup sweetener (I used stevia granulated)
One can of whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together pancake mix, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and sweetener.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, milk, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Combine the two bowls with minimum mixing.
- Mix half of the jar of peanut butter with half of the jar of jelly until well combined.
- Mix peanut butter jelly mixture into batter.
- Pour batter into 13"X9" pan that has been sprayed well with cooking spray.
- Cook at 350°F until a fork inserted in the center comes out clean. (I would start checking it at 15 minutes or so, every oven is different and so is every brand of pancake mix.
- While cake is cooling completely, mix the remaining peanut butter and most of the jelly until well combined.
- Once cake cools, cover with the peanut butter and jelly mixture.
- Cover the peanut butter and jelly mixture with the entire can of whipped cream.
- Use a fork and work the little bit of remaining jelly ever so slightly into the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with a dab of cinnamon.
- If desired, you can add pieces of real fruit to decorate the top.