By Michael Singer, Bon Appétit
Maybe you're a "choosy mom" who birthed an even choosier kid? She won't eat maki, but only will eat foods that resemble maki? Jif has a recipe catered to this exact situation. Their Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi Rolls take three ingredients, three steps, and three minutes. Of course continuing that oddball toddler's chopstick lessons may add to the total time.
Here's how to make it:
- 2 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Smucker's® Strawberry Jelly, or any Smucker's® Jam, Jelly or Preserves of your choice
- 2 slices bread
- REMOVE crusts from bread. With a rolling pin or large soup can, completely flatten bread.
- SPREAD 1 tablespoon peanut butter and 1 tablespoon fruit spread on each slice of bread
- ROLL each slice into a tight spiral. Cut each spiral into 4 pieces.
More from Bon Appétit:
- 25 One-Bite Appetizers
17 Chocolate Desserts
10 Surprising Health Foods
- 16 Easy Meatless Main Courses
- The Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich Guide