This deliciously crunchy pie has some surprising undertones of orange, vanilla, and cinnamon, which are perfect contrasts to the salty pretzels. Photo by Con Poulos; Food styling by Vivian Lui; Prop styling by Paige Hicks.
Cost Per Serving: $1.11
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Total Fat 28g
Saturated Fat 8.5g
Total Carbohydrate 58g
Dietary Fiber 3g
• 1 pie crust, store-bought or homemade
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup(s) light corn syrup
• 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon(s) pure vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon(s) grated orange zest
• 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
• 2 cup(s) pecans
• 3/4 cup(s) (about 18) mini pretzels, broken into pieces
• 3/4 cup(s) bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Fit the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhang under itself to create a thicker rim of dough and crimp as desired. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the pecans, pretzels, and chocolate chips. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. Cover the pie with foil and bake until the filling is puffed and the center is just set, 15 to 20 minutes more. Transfer the pie to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature.