Hungry and think there is nothing to eat? No way! Fabio whips up a super delicious sandwich that's super easy to make and gives up foolproof tips to make all your sandwiches better.
- Sandwiches are the perfect snack: fast, quick and delicious and you can make them out of pretty much anything you find in your fridge. Any toppings will work, but egg, cheese and cold cuts are always a slam dunk.
- Brush your bread with olive oil and use a toaster for perfect crispy results.
- Cheese makes the sandwich. Use thinly sliced, easily melted cheese like cheddar, provolone, Swiss or Fontina to melt well on your sandwich. Cheese is a great first layer to go first against the bread.
- When adding the cold cut, rip it up and help it give your sandwich texture instead of just laying it flat on the bread.
- Add an egg to take any sandwich over the top.
Late night sandwich
PERFECT LATE-NIGHT SANDWICH
Recipe by Fabio Viviani
Yields one sandwich
2 slices ciabatta bread or whatever you have in your house
3-4 slices of turkey deli meat
3-4 slices of sliced Gruyere cheese
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Mayo to garnish
Hot sauce to garnish
Slice bread and drizzle with a little EVOO, then toast until light golden brown.
In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil and crack eggs into the pan to fry.
Flip egg and finish cooking.
Spread each piece of bread with mayo and top with sliced cheese while the bread is warm so the cheese will soften.
Top one piece of bread and cheese with turkey.
Transfer fried eggs to the turkey side and drizzle with hot sauce.
Top with remaining piece of bread covered in cheese.