Butterscotch Banana Bread
1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas mashed with a fork
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
Related: 20 indulgent Nutella recipes - pancakes, pizza, hot chocolate, and more!
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a standard 9×5 loaf pan.
2. Mix together butter and sugar until fully combined. Add eggs and vanilla extract, mix well. Add mashed bananas, mix again until completely combined.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and butterscotch chips. Stir this mixture a few times and make sure the chips are fully coated with flour.
4. Working slowly, stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Keep stirring until all flour is fully incorporated. The batter may still be a little lumpy from the bananas, this is normal.
5. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until top is golden and a cake tester comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, carefully remove it from the pan and let it cool on a wire rack before serving.
-By Kelsey Banfield