3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (preferably homemade)
1 small garlic clove, minced
Zest of 1 lemon
Large pinch dried chili flakes
3 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large, heavy sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the breadcrumbs and stir until they're coated in the oil. Toast, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until the breadcrumbs deep golden brown.
2. Stir in the garlic and cook for about a minute until fragrant, then add the lemon zest, chili flakes and a large pinch of salt, stirring to combine. Remove the breadcrumbs from the pan and set aside while you cook the sugar snap peas.
3. Add the rest of the oil to the pan and let it heat for a few seconds. Add the sugar snap peas and a pinch of salt and cook for a minute or two, stirring frequently, until they turn bright green and are just tender but still have some bite to them. Fold in the breadcrumbs and serve immediately.
Save and print this recipe on FOOD52. less
• Check out our Grand Tour of Italy for more Italian-inspired dishes.
• Do you dream of Tuscany? Us too. Browse our Tuscan Fantasy Meals for menu ideas.
• Got a question in the kitchen? The Food52 Hotline is here to help!