Sushi-making is a snap-and so healthful-with our salmon-avocado sushi recipe. Be sure to use authentic sushi rice, which retains an appropriately sticky texture for expert rolling.
• 1 cup(s) sushi rice
• 2 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon(s) rice wine
• 4 nori sheets
• 1/2 avocado, cut into thin slices
• 12 thin asparagus spears, blanched, cooled
• 1/4 pound(s) cured salmon (gravlax), sliced into 1/2-inch strips
• 1 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame seed
Plus: 30 more recipes for tempting sandwiches, salads, and more »
1. Cook rice according to package instructions. While the rice is still hot, sprinkle with vinegar and rice wine. Toss to mix and cool completely.
2. Hold the nori over a low flame and gently heat it until the sheet turns bright green. Place the nori on a sushi mat, shiny side down, and pat 1/2 cup rice with moist hands onto the nori sheet, leaving a 1-inch border on the opposite edge.
3. Line slices of avocado and either asparagus spears or salmon strips across the center to fill the width of the roll. Pick up the edge of the mat closest to you, and tightly roll (jelly-roll style), pressing to keep compact.
4. Dampen the border to seal and let set for 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Nutrition information given is for 1 roll.
See more from CountryLiving.com:
Our Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Decorating »
97 Grilling Recipes for an Epic Summer Cookout »
64 Delicious Vegetarian Recipes »
25 Sensational Grilling Side Dishes »
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.