POPSUGAR FoodSource: See What Wolfgang Puck's Cooking For the 2013 Oscars Governors Ball
The Governors Ball - the glitzy official afterparty of the Oscars - is just over a week away. For the 19th year in a row, all eyes are on chef to the stars Wolfgang Puck, who's created what he hopes to be a blockbuster menu. We tracked down what he'll be serving at this year's soiree. Keep reading to find out the tony tastes he's planning to serve Hollywood's A-list.
- Patrón Gold Cosmopolitan : Patrón tequila will be on hand at the Governors Ball to serve guests its version of a cosmopolitan, with Patrón Silver, orange liqueur, blackberry juice, orange juice, blackberries, and - wait for it - a gold rim!
- Champagne: Champagne Thienot is the official sparkling wine of the post-Oscars celebration. Here, the Champagne house's president, François Peltereau-Villeneuve, pours a glass.
- Smoked Salmon Oscars: As usual, Wolfgang Puck's most iconic Governors Ball recipe - blinis with smoked salmon that have been cut into the shape of the Oscars, then topped with caviar - will be the star of the show.
- Party Nut Mix: For a taste of both the Winter season and the tropics, cocktail platters will also include a party nut mix spiced with rosemary and pineapple.
More from POPSUGAR Food: Get the Dish: Wolfgang Puck's Smoked Salmon Pizza
- Truffle and Parmesan Grissini: Attendees won't want to skip the bread bowl this year, as it includes Wolfgang's grissini, or Italian-style breadsticks, covered in shaved fresh Parmesan and truffles.
- Edamame Guacamole: Leave it to chef Wolfgang to serve "chips and dip" a new way. Instead of guacamole and tortilla chips, he's serving edamame guacamole on a chip made with kombu, a Japanese seaweed.
- Bacon-wrapped Dates: Bacon-wrapped dates - like the ones shown here with a reduction and shavings of semifirm cheese - will be another easy-to-eat passed appetizer.
- Smoked Salmon "Pizza" Cones: Wolfgang Puck created smoked salmon "pizza" cones topped with caviar and chives as part of a collection of tray-passed hors d'oeuvres.
More from POPSUGAR Food: Celebrate the Oscars by Bringing Hollywood Glitz to the Tabletop
- Spicy Tuna Tartare: Hollywood can't get enough seafood! In addition to smoked salmon "pizza" cones and the event's iconic smoked salmon Oscars, stars will also snack on sesame miso cones filled with spicy tuna tartare, pickled ginger, and bonito flakes.
- Prime Mini Burgers With Cheddar Cheese and Rémoulade: Who can resist a slider? We're willing to bet these mini kobe burgers - topped with aged cheddar, tomatoes, pickles, lettuce, and rémoulade - are going to be a Sunday night hit.
- Kale Salad: Even Wolfgang Puck is getting in on the trend that is kale. A vegan kale salad, tossed with grilled artichokes and a lemon vinaigrette, is one of the small cold plates on the menu.
- Smoked Salmon Pizza: Smoked salmon pizza, a famous dish from the menu at Spago, Wolfgang Puck's flagship restaurant, will be served on Sunday night.
- Chicken Pot Pie: As always, comfort food favorites like chicken pot pie (Barbra Streisand's favorite!) will be served. But the chef's version is no ordinary pot pie, with its elegant, Oscar-shaped stenciling and black truffle filling.
More from POPSUGAR Food: 5 Tablescapes Inspired by Our Favorite Oscar Gowns!
- Sushi and Shellfish: The Governors Ball will also have a seafood station offering fresh sushi and shellfish.
- Sashimi: Raw fish aficionados will dine on slices of uncooked tuna, salmon, and eel sashimi.
- Lobster With Black Bean Sauce: Guests will have the option of enjoying fresh-cooked, already-peeled lobster, stir-fried with snow peas, peppers, and other vegetables in a black bean sauce.
- Caviar Baked Potato: Forget cheddar and chives - Wolfgang Puck's baked potato is smothered in caviar.
- Dessert: For dessert, veteran Governors Ball pastry chef Sherry Yard is planning to have a number of treats on hand, from mango crumbles to peanut butter chocolate pop rock pops. Hoping to replicate some of what's on the menu come Academy Awards night? Just in time for the chef's 19th consecutive year cooking for the ball, Wolfgang Puck's free iPhone app will include a selection of his best Oscar night recipes.