When the weather is cold, there's nothing like a piping hot bowl of soup to warm the kitchen and the soul. I enjoy making soup on Sunday or Monday. Then I eat it for lunch all week long. There's an endless variety to soups; if you want something luxurious you can make a cream based soup. Likewise, when you're in the mood for a lighter meal, a soup chock full of hearty vegetables is ideal. To encourage you to make more soup, I've rounded up some of my favorite recipes.
- Clam Chowder - This classic white clam chowder is filling and slightly decadent. Serve it in a bread bowl and you've got a delicious meal perfect for entertaining!
- Corn and Kielbassa Chowder - Seafood not your thing? This recipe - which comes together in under 30 minutes! - replaces the clams with chunks of kielbassa and quick-cooking frozen corn.
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup - Use up the last of Summer's tomatoes to make this tomato soup. There's no cream in it, but it has a smooth velvety texture.
- Corn and Roasted Red Pepper Rainbow Soup - With its colorful presentation, a rainbow soup is essentially two soups that are combined to make one. This recipe combines corn with roasted red peppers to make a silky, smoky, and scrumptious soup.
- Nigella's Noodle Soup - Tons of udon noodles, bok choy, and mushrooms mean this flavorful soup is light and tasty.
- French Onion Soup - I've been making my rendition of French onion soup for years. The secret ingredients that make it super rich? Sherry and dijon mustard.
- Cheddar Cheese Soup - It's not exactly healthy, but cheddar cheese soup with crunchy croutons and a cold beer is comforting and delectable.
- Minestrone - Although it takes time to make a quality minestrone, the finished soup is well worth the effort, and elegant enough to serve at a dinner party.
- Butternut Squash Soup - Butternut squash soup seasoned with sage is a favorite around Thanksgiving, but when paired with a grilled cheese or green salad, it makes a stellar meal.
- Sweet Pea Soup - If frozen peas are a staple in your freezer, you can easily throw together this vibrantly green soup on a weeknight.
Soup's On: Spicy Tomato and Blue Cheese Soup
Chicken Posole Two Ways: Beginner and Expert
Soup's On: Baked Potato Soup