Deli-Fried Chicken Tenders with Jalapeño-Mustard Dipping Sauce
Warm Gumbo Dip
Confetti Pasta Salad
Graham Nut Clusters
- Prepare sandwiches the day before the game. Place in zip-top plastic freezer bags, and refrigerate overnight.
- You can also prepare slaw up to a day ahead, omitting apples. Chop the apples. Combine 2 cups water and 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, and pour over apples. Cover and chill apples and slaw in two separate containers overnight. Drain apples, and stir them into slaw just before serving.
- Just before parking on campus, stop by a grocer's deli counter or the drive-through window of your favorite restaurant for fresh, hot chicken tenders.
- Rinse gallon milk jugs and use as a spillproof way to transport cajun lemonade. And be sure to pack a separate bag of ice for drinks.
Don't forget the drinks!
Makes about 8 cups
- 2 cups light rum
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1 (1-liter) bottle club soda, chilled
- Crushed ice
- Garnishes: sugarcane sticks, lemon slices
- Stir together first 3 ingredients. Add club soda just before serving. Serve over crushed ice. Garnish, if desired.