8 large biscuits (large canned refrigerated ones are good or pre-made pie crust)
1/2 lb lean hamburger beef (or chicken, or Spanish chorizo - not Mexican chorizo)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 roma tomato, diced
1 small green or red pepper, chopped
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese (or monterey jack) , grated (optional)
1/2 Jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup (cooking) dry white wine (optional)
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper to flavour
1 tbsp sugar
*1 egg, lightly beaten (for pastry seal only)MAKE
1. Brown meat. Drain off excess oil
2. Add next 10 ingredients to meat, mix and smush with fork (excluding the egg)*
3. Pat out biscuits 1/2″ thick and put a large spoonful of meat mixture on each biscuit.
4. Brush biscuit edges with *egg mixture, fold biscuit in half like you would a turnover, and pinch or crimp the edges sealed with a fork.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes on cookie sheet.