The 59-Minute Countdown:
An hour of prep spread out over the course of two hours leaves time to set the table and visit with guests.
- Two hours before dinnertime, season the roast and let it stand at room temperature. Assemble the yule log.
- While the roast is marinating, make the appetizer, prep the salad, and prep and cook the vegetables.
- Right before guests arrive, brown the meat and put it in the oven.
- Sit down and enjoy your guests, a glass of bubbly, and the appetizer.
- Take the meat out of the oven. While the meat is resting, put the vegetables in the oven to rewarm, then make the sauce for the roast.