Provencal Goat Cheese TartDoses of cream cheese and heavy cream are what make this goat cheese tart such a creamy treat. Top with tomatoes and chives to add a fresh touch to this rich dish.
Total Time: 40 min
Prep Time: 25 min
Oven Temp: 450 degrees
Related: 14 Must-Try Tomato Recipes!
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated ready-to-unroll pie crust
- 4 ounce(s) goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounce(s) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 2 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh chives, plus additional chives for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) crumbled dried herbes de Provençe or thyme
- 2 (10 ounces each) heirloom tomatoes, preferably 1 green and 1 red, cored and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Cherry tomatoes, for garnish
Related: 5 Ideas for Goat Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Gently press pie crust into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom; prick all over with fork. Bake 14 minutes or until golden. Cool tart shell completely on wire rack.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk together goat cheese, cream cheese, and cream. Stir in mint, chives, herbes de Provençe, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
4. Spread cheese mixture evenly in tart shell. Arrange tomatoes on top of filling, overlapping slices. Garnish with chives and cherry tomatoes. Tart can be assembled up to 1 hour before serving.
More from Good Housekeeping: