As autumn approaches we are getting closer to apple season (yum!) Here's a list of my favorite apple festivals. --Rebecca Etter | Cookie Travel Assistant
1. Annual Harvest Festival at Reading Terminal Market Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The usually bustling Filbert street is shut down to become an urban farm complete with local produce, hayrides, and hot apple cider.
2. Darlington Apple Festival Darlington, Maryland
This festival includes an outdoor stage for entertainment, pumpkins, a play area where kids can build their own scarecrow, and, of course all things apples (my favorite are the apple fritters!)
3. Johnny Apple seed Days Festival Paradise, California
Celebrate Johnny Appleseed with a delicious slice of homemade pie and check out one of the local artisans' work on display.
4. Apple Squeeze Festival Lenox, Massachusetts
The quaint village of Lenox turns into a country fair complete with apple-related fare, plus face painting, dog shows, and a giant pumpkin contest.
5. Applefest at Stribling Orchard Markham, Virginia
Enjoy freshly-picked apples from the orchard while listening to live blue grass music and browsing through the wares of local vendors, like JeanMare Designs who make fun jewelry for children and adults.
Interested in finding out about more autumn festivals? Check out our national listing of upcoming events.
More from Cookie:
Before you book your next trip abroad, get the lowdown on the new travel requirements for kids
Party Games: Oldies But Goodies
Classic party games that will convince you to forgo the bouncy castle and the $250-an-hour magician.
Cookie's All-purpose Gift Guides
New mom? Birthday? Find the perfect present for everyone you know.
- Subscribe to Cookie for Just $1 an issue - Get an Exclusive Red Striped Tote Free!