Want a quick, chocolate fix? Chocolate chip cookie bars are a great substitute for cookies and you can even make them in the microwave. Yes, in the microwave. This is a classic recipe updated to fit the ultimate kitchen appliance: the microwave!
Microwave Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
You will need the following ingredients:
1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder ( the regular Tollhouse recipe calls for soda - this recipe uses powder )
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar.
- Add in and mix together milk, egg, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Using a spoon, mix in half the chocolate chips and all the nuts.
- Spread into pan.
- Sprinkle top with the other half of the chocolate chips.
- Microwave uncovered for approx. 5 minutes. Cookie bar will be done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and when the top, lightly touching with your fingertip, springs back. If after 5 minutes, it is not done, microwave in 30 second intervals until done.
- Cool and enjoy.
Read the fascinating story about how the Tollhouse Cookie got started and its' connection to WWII.
Try this easy recipe for the microwave!
Microwave Chocolate Cashew Clusters
- 2-1/2 ounces coarsely chopped milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup dark or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup cashew halves
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt the chocolate in 30 second intervals in the the microwave, stirring often.
- Fold in the raisins, cashews, and zest.
- Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 1/2 hour or until set. Enjoy.
Don't forget to vote for SHINE - Win the Webby Awards! (I did it and it was easy)
Pudding Shots - chocolate and alcohol - go easy here ladies ~ it sneaks up on you!!!!
Peanut Butter Fudge
Homemade Peppermint Patties