No need for a greasy morning breakfast at your local pancake house.
Don that cute little apron and whip up this vegan frittata
What You Need
Vegan omelet batter (recipe below)
2 tablespoons vegan whipping cream (great brands are SoyaToo or Mimicream)
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch
1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vegan butter
12 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces
1 tomato, seeded, diced
3 ounces shredded vegan cheddar or mozzarella cheese
Related: Kim's Curry Tofu Egg-less Salad
Vegan Omelet Batter
3 cups (24 ounces) silken tofu
1/4 cup plain soy milk
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup potato starch or cornstarch
2 teaspoon soy sauce/tamari or liquid aminos
1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make It
1) To make omelet batter, blend ingredients together until smooth.
2) Preheat the broiler. Whisk the omelet batter, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Set aside. Heat the oil and butter in a 9 1/2-inch-diameter nonstick, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
3) Raise the heat to medium-high. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer.
4) Pour the omelet mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until it starts to set. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
5) Place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide onto a plate.
Want more recipes like this one? Browse through our vegan recipe library and find something yummy!
1 - 4 of 86
What to Cook Now
Food Photo Galleries
1 - 4 of 29