It's that time of the year again! If you're grilling this holiday weekend, you won't want to miss this Veggie Burger Recipe Roundup! We promise these are 10 of the most amazing veggie burgers you've ever tasted. For salads and sides, use our Super Salad Guide to come up with your own amazing salad creation or check out these amazing salad recipes. For dessert, raw and no-bake desserts are perfect for this summer weekend. Carrot cake cupcakes, double chocolate cherry cheesecake and more.
But want to be super patriotic and really impress? Try these 5 AMAZING red, white and blue dessert recipes that are guaranteed to please!
1. No Bake Chocolate Cream Berry Firework Pie
Ingredients: for a 4.5 inch pan Crust:
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons ground almonds
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flakes
- a drop of chocolate liqueur or rum or rum extract(optional)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Coconut milk yogurt or non dairy yogurt
- a generous pinch of cinnamon or spice of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground raw sugar or maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- Sliced strawberries
- Blackberries or blueberries
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Add liquor extracts or spices of choice.
- Add the almonds and coconut flakes and mix to distribute.
- Pour the mixture into a tart/pie pan. Even it out.
- Place pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, sugar/sweetener and spices of choice.
- Slice strawberries and keep ready.
- Take the pan out and spread the spiced yogurt on top.
- Top with sliced berries. Make a flag or an exploding firework display with the berries.
- Freeze for half an hour to firm up the yogurt. Serve under the fireworks!
2. Patriotic Vegan Cheesecake
The Fourth is a wonderful excuse to create some magnificent and fun desserts that kids and adults alike will enjoy. Let the red, white, and blue cooking begin with this gluten-free decadent delight!
3. Raw Cherry Berry Chocolate Cheesecake
What's better than a plain cheesecake? A fruit-laden cheesecake, of course. And what's better than a fruit-laden cheesecake made of cream cheese? One made of avocados and superfoods, because you can never, ever have too much health food in your dessert! This raw vegan recipe has the taste and texture of a cooked dessert, while still retaining 100% of the alive nutrients in the ingredients. What a way to celebrate!
4. Baked Blueberry Donuts
Not a traditional 4th of July dessert, but no one will care when they taste the delicious fresh fruit in these decadent baked donuts. The glaze topping can be adjusted to fit the size of your (or your guests') sweet tooth. A drop or two is perfect for some, a heavier drizzle pleases others, or stripes to represent the flag if you choose to!
5. Gluten-free Blueberry Apple Pie Cake
This decadent dessert is a combination of a coffee cake and a fragrant fruit pie. A moist cake encapsulates a sweet and tangy apple-blueberry filling. Topping it all off is a cardamom laced streusel, which transforms this simple cake into a truly special treat for a fun holiday weekend.
Enjoy more vegan, dairy-free, meatless summer recipes by One Green Planet on Yahoo! below:1. 6 Easy Breezy Meatless Summer Salads
2. 15 Greatest Veggie Burger Recipes
3. 25 Cool Summer Vegan Dessert Recipes. Hell Yeah!
4. 8 Amazing Ways to Use Coconuts This Summer (With Recipes!)
5. 15 UNBELIEVABLE Raw (No-Bake) Dessert Recipes for Summer