By Leah Bourne, The Vivant
wineThere is so much to stress over where Thanksgiving is concerned-don't have wine be one of the elements. Here, a couple of things to keep in mind when you are attempting to pick wines for Thanksgiving.
Related Article: What Wine Goes In What Glass: A Beginners' Guide
First, everyone has different tastes, so you should have both red and white wine on hand. Second, the wine that does tend to go the best with Thanksgiving turkey and all its fixings is red wine with ample fruit, and one that's not too oaky. Food friendly reds that tend to work best are pinot noir blends and wines made from Rhone grapes like syrah. Third, it is Thanksgiving, so it is nice to serve American wines when you can.
Related Article: Wine and Food Pairings For Dummies: 5 Rules You Need to Know
Thanksgiving wine recommendations, all under $30:
1. 2010 Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir, $26, simiwinery.com.
2. Beckmen "Cuvee Le Bec" California Syrah/Grenache, $16.99, pjwine.com.
3. La Crema Monterey Pinot Noir 2011, $26.99, gordonswine.com.
4. Del Rio Vineyards 2011 Syrah, $28, delrioveineyards.com.
5. Fasse Piste La Pyramide Syrah 2010, $23.95, northwest-wine.com.