Afraid the guy you are currently seeing can't let go of his mother's apron strings? Take an honest look at him. There are seven signs that you are dating a momma's boy. If you see them, rethink your relationship.
1. His mother handles all of his business.
Your new boyfriend is 30 years old, but he doesn't pay his own bills or call his health carrier for answers to any coverage questions. Instead, his mother handles all of his business. He claims she has more time for these types of activities than him, but you're suspicious because his schedule always seems to be relatively open.
2. He pressures you to please his mother.
A sign you're dating a momma's boy is that he pressures to kowtow to his mother. You have to change the way you look, talk and act whenever you're around her. If you protest, your beau gets upset and chides you. He is overly interested in you pleasing his mother despite how much it bugs you.
3. He calls/texts his mother several times a day.
You often complain to girlfriends about not connecting with your boyfriend throughout the day. Yet, this same person calls and texts his mother from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed. He gives her a moment-by-moment account of his life. She gets the 411 on him before anyone else he knows -- including you.
4. He refers to his mother as the perfect woman.
An obvious sign that you're dating a momma's boy is that he believes his mother can do no wrong. She's perfect. No other woman can compare to her. As a result, everything you do is substandard in his eyes. The only way you can get close to her is by mimicking her.
5. He esteems his mother's opinion higher than yours.
If you say the sky is blue and your boyfriend's mother says it's pink, who does he believe? When a man always says his momma is right, regardless of the situation, watch out. She can always overturn whatever decisions you make together.
6. Your dates are often centered on his mother's life.
A sign that you're dating a momma's boy that you might not detect initially is that your social life revolves around his mother. During the week, you go to his mother's house for dinner. On Saturday, you go to a barbecue at his mother's house. On Sunday, you attend church with his mother and then go to his mother's house for brunch. Sound like a trend? At first, you might be flattered that he wants to bring you around his family so much, but after a while, you'll see his motive may not be pure.
7. He says he can't be with you unless his mother likes you.This last point is a two-edged sword. Naturally, you want to the mother of any man you desire to like you. However, when she refuses to for a ridiculous reason, it is important that the person you are dating sees through the minutia. If he just goes with the flow, he's too attached. He's relying too much on what his mother thinks instead of going with his own instinct.
See your boyfriend for who he is? Recognize the signs that you're dating a momma's boy, so you can make an educated decision about your future with him.