Alarm ClockIf you have ever slept through your morning alarm (then had to rush your child to school, or arrived incredibly late for work), you know how morning routines set the tone for the rest of the day. If your morning is rushed and chaotic, the rest of your day will often follow suit. But if you practice good morning rituals, like the ones below, you're sure to welcome every new day with organization, timeliness and a great attitude. Here are 10 ways to start your day off right, from morning alarms to heading out the door:
1. Wake up, and make up the bed - After you've turned off your alarm, start your morning off right by making your bed. This isn't just for vanity's sake; making your bed and straightening the sheets makes it easier to fight the urge to crawl back under the covers.
2. Stretch - Taking ten minutes in the morning to stretch all your muscles or do yoga will ensure your body is ready to tackle each new day.
3. Take an energizing shower - Whether you like hot or cold showers, use a body wash or shampoo with an energizing scent (like citrus) to wake up your senses and get moving.
4. Pre-plan your clothing - If you're indecisive in the mornings, there's no better way to fight habitual lateness than to lay out your clothes the night before. A few minutes of planning before bed could save half an hour each morning.
5. Get in touch with your spiritual side - Whether you pray, meditate, or connect in another way, start your day off right by getting in touch with your spiritual side.
6. Prepare a healthy breakfast - Tradition says breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it's easier said than done. Fortunately, you can have a nutritious breakfast that's easily prepared when you try Quaker Real Medleys, a delicious blending of multigrain oatmeal with real fruits and nuts, in a convenient microwavable, disposable package. In flavors like Apple Walnut Oatmeal, Peach Almond Oatmeal, and others, you're sure to find a flavor to suit your taste.
7. Get your morning fix - Whether it's coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate, start your day off right with a mug of your favorite go-to morning drink.
8. Get a feel for the outdoors - Soak in the freshness of the morning by walking your dog, enjoying your coffee on the balcony, or simply opening a window while you check your email.
9. Make a daily goal list - Got a busy day ahead? If your day is full of errands, appointments, and running around, make yourself a daily goal list to better organize your day.
10. Connect with loved ones - Before you head out the door, the most important way to start your day off right is to connect with loved ones. Whether you send a "thinking of you" text, make a quick phone call, or shower your loved ones with hugs and kisses at the door, this is the best way to ensure the rest of your day will start off on the right foot.
So if your mornings are rushed, chaotic, and often include missed alarms, change up your routines, and learn how healthy breakfasts, connecting with loved ones, and getting outdoors can help you start off each day on a positive note.Content by Becca Swanson.