Try serving the jellies with crackers.
JELL-O raspberry-pomegranate jellies are a quick and easy dessert that anyone can make. I especially liked this dessert because my kids could make it. When choosing recipes for my kids to make I first look at the number of ingredients; five to seven ingredients means my kids are less likely to get things confused. Second, I make sure the measurements are simple and easy to understand. (For this recipe I had to make sure I pointed out the sugar was divided). Finally, I always try to stick with recipes that use a small amount of bowls, pans, and utensils since my kids are still not well-versed in cleaning up the kitchen. This recipe passed my three tests with flying colors! If you are looking for fun snack to make with your kids or want something quick and fun to make and take for your next get together, the JELL-O raspberry-pomegranate jellies might be the way to go.
Here is what you will need to have to make 12 servings which is about 24 small cubes. I recommend doubling or tripling the recipe because the bite-size cubes will go fast.
1 env. (1/4 oz.) KNOX Unflavored Gelatine
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup sugar, divided
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 cup pomegranate juice or pomegranate juice blend
2 pkg. (3 oz. each) JELL-O Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
- SPRINKLE unflavored gelatine over water in small bowl; let stand 1 min.
- MIX 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in juice and unflavored gelatine until blended. Bring to boil on medium heat; cook 5 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- ADD dry gelatin mixes; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved
- POUR into 9x5-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- UNMOLD. Cut into 24 pieces. Coat with remaining sugar just before serving.
Content by Chrissie Klinger.