We teamed up with the elite travel advisors at Virtuoso to find the best resorts, cities, and islands for your big getaway. Time to start packing!
The World's Top 20 Destinations
1. ITALY | Venice, Rome, Florence, Amalfi: When it comes to romance, nothing beats Italy. And yes, the Hotel Cipriani is worth the splurge.
2. FRENCH POLYNESIA | All those photos you've seen of gorgeous thatched huts on stilts over insanely clear turquoise water? They were taken here.
3. MAUI | Sure, it's touristy, but if you can swing a stay at Wailea's fabled Four Seasons or its neighbor, the Fairmont, you'll want to stay forever.
Related: Have You Seen the Obama's Wedding Photos?
4. ST. LUCIA | Things to love: There's a hotel for every budget, amazing organic eats (a Caribbean rarity), and the majestic Pitons-nice to look at, tough to climb.
5. TURKS AND CAICOS | Yoga and Pilates buffs go to the Como Shambhala spa on Parrot Cay, divers can't get enough of Molasses Reef, and the privacy-obsessed hole up at Amanyara.
6. KAUAI | Couples sing hosannas about the St. Regis Princeville, but be sure to leave the resort bubble to see the Na Pali Coast.
7. GREECE | Partiers choose Mykonos (dinner at 10, dancing till five). Low-key romantics choose the whitewashed beauty and jaw-dropping views on Santorini.
8. FIJI | Chances are none of your tech toys will work at the private resorts here-and after a day or two, you'll be glad.
9. MEXICO | Its hard to beat the cobblestoned charm of colonial San Miguel de Allende, but honeymooners also rave about the ruins and affordable hotels in Tulum.
Related: 10 Shocking Secrets of the First Year of Marriage
10. BALI | Even the hordes of Elizabeth Gilbert groupies haven't spoiled the spiritual magic of this Indonesian isle. Or its beaches.
11. FRANCE | Paris for love. St. Tropez for fun. Provence for food. Then, of course, there are our three favorite colors: rosé, champagne, and burgundy.
12. COSTA RICA | Eco-tourism is big here. (If you're ever going to zip-line, this is the place.) But if you're not into staying somewhere crunchy, check out a luxurious jungle lodge like Lapa Rios.
13. THE BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS | Have beers with salty sailors at a dive bar like Foxy's, but stay at Little Dix Bay if you want to be pampered.
Related: The Ultimate Wedding Dress Guide
14. THAILAND | Take two weeks: See the reclining Buddha in Bangkok, rice paddies in Chiang Mai, and limestone islands off Phuket.
15. JAMAICA | For exclusivity, nothing beats GoldenEye, where Ian Fleming wrote his James Bond novels, or Port Antonio, a seaside town away from the megaresort madness.
16. ANGUILLA | A decade ago, celebrities came here to tan in hiding. The secret's out (thank Brad and Jen), but the beaches are still surprisingly uncrowded.
17. BERMUDA Knock back dark 'n' stormies, dress for high tea, and laze on pink-sand stretches at this prepster haven.
18. THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS | Fly into St. Thomas and stay overnight at the Ritz-Carlton, then ferry to St. John, a protected-park wonderland. Also, don't miss St. Croix's beaches.
19. AUSTRALIA | Oprah goes everywhere, and even she flipped out while helicoptering over the Great Barrier Reef. Tasmania's otherworldly landscape ties it for beauty.
20. ANTIGUA | The all-inclusive Jumby Bay is honeymoon paradise-you'll never take your wallet out. And there are 365 beaches on the island. Really.
More from BRIDES:
48 Creative Wedding Flower Ideas
Celebrity-Inspired Wedding Hair and Makeup
Wedding Dress Trend: Sexy Backs
The Most Beautiful Wedding Centerpieces