Why hello there, Sun. What's that you say? You're going to ruin my eyeliner and make my foundation move all over my face until I have weird stripes? Guess again. Summer weather doesn't have to mean melty, migrating makeup, and you don't have to let the sun get the best of you. These five tips can keep your face in place no matter how high the mercury soars. To find out how you can keep looking sweet on sunny days, just read more.
- Instead of traditional lipstick and powder blush, use a water blush or cheek and lip stain, like Jelly Pong Pong Supermodel Stain ($16). Stains last for at least a few hours, and the color won't melt off or move.
- If you've got runny mascara issues even after you've used a waterproof formula, consider getting your lashes tinted. It'll give you a soft, natural look, and the cost isn't prohibitive. Or, you know, go without.
- If you're using cream or liquid foundation, consider switching to mineral. Because mineral and powder foundations are dry to begin with, the heat doesn't have as much of an effect on them.
- Don't skip the primer. It may seem counterintuitive because primers are usually a little creamy, but even in heat, they can help your makeup stay in place.
- Switch your eyeliner formula. If you usually use a pencil or gel eyeliner, consider switching to liquid. Even the best, most waterproof liners run when they get warm enough.
Your Summer Festival Makeup Tips Start Here
Solve Your Liquid Liner Problems With These Easy Tips
The Perfect Alternative to a Red Lip This Summer
Follow BellaSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of BellaSugar on Facebook