While we wouldn't dream of omitting SPF application from our morning routine, sometimes extreme summer temperatures make reapplication a bit harrowing. If the thought of slathering on another layer of sunscreen is more than you can bear, consider this alternative.
While nothing should replace your morning coverage, these top picks offer an additional barrier that won't leave you feeling like you need a shower.
Related: Beat the heat with one of these no-cook meals tonight!
1. Shred Optics Akroid: These Wayfarer-esque sunnies from Olympic gold medalist Ted Ligety's eyewear line offer 100% UVA/UVB/UVC protection in four punchy shades.
2. SunSafe Stealth Jacket: While most sun protective clothes are about as stylish as a Snuggie, this fitted zip-up offers 50+ UPF (ultraviolet protective factor), and we'd wear it regardless of the skin-saving benefits.
Related: Eat one of these 20 superfoods for weight loss
3. UV SunSense Wristbands: Top dermatologist Dr. David Bank swears by these color-changing wonders. They alert you when to reapply sunscreen based on how much sun exposure you're getting.
4. RIT Sun Guard: Wash UV protection into clothes and shield skin from sun damage for up to 20 washes with this Skin Cancer Foundation-approved laundry booster.
Another alternative? Eating the right foods! Follow the SPF diet for beautiful skin and a healthy body!
More from SELF:
- Try these superfoods for flat abs!
Check out SELF's stop cellulite workout
- SELF's annual healthy food awards showcases 66 fast fix foods you'll love to eat!
- Find the best swimsuit for your body type now!
Photo Credit: Condé Nast Digital Studio