Find the right pair of shorts to flatter your favorite body parts! Just follow these picks from Rachael's style buddy, Gretta Monahan.
You say: I'm too curvy for shorts!
You say: I have bird legs!
You say: I hate my knees!
We say: Knobby knees benefit from shorter shorts. Cuffs and belts are bonuses-they draw the eyes upward.
Color: A touch of color, such as a pastel, or a subtle pattern will naturally pull the eyes upward and away from the problem area.
Fit: Go for fitted pairs, preferably with a cuff that takes focus away. If they're too tight, they will practically point right at your knees!
Length: Shorts that hit at the halfway point of your thigh are ideal. Showing more of your lower thigh will make your legs look longer.
Pair it with: bold detail at the ankles, such as chunky wedges or platform shoes, to make knees look smaller in proportion.
- Focus on fit, not tag size. Your shorts should fit your widest part comfortably.
- For pairs you might already own, hemming the length, nipping in at the waist or sewing flappy pockets shut can slim a silhouette.
- Flesh-colored tights conceal a multitude of sins. They also dress up shorts for nighttime.
SECRET WEAPONS FOR SEXIER LEGS
- Gradual Fix: Exfoliation Use an exfoliating body wash every day and a body scrub once a week. The buffing whisks away dry skin cells, preventing ingrown hairs and bumps, and helps moisturizer and tanner go on smoothly.
- Long-Lasting Fix: Self-Tanning Lotions Use a moisturizer that gradually tans and tightens (firming formulas do this). Lightly bronzed skin will help hide spider veins, scars and other minor imperfections.
- Instant Fix: "Liquid Stockings" The stars use Vaseline before photo ops to give legs a reflective glow. Get the effect (without the gloop) by using body oil or shimmer cream on shins. For anything these won't disguise (stretch marks or bruises), try body makeup-it's thicker than foundation and won't smear if you cross your legs.
MORE LIKE THIS:
3 easy lip looks for summer »
One easy hairstyle to rock right now »
How to look great & dress your best on vacation »