You get up early, double check, triple check that you have everything you need for your trip. You're feeling a little anxious because you're about to be on a plane in just a few hours. You check your belongings again and then you head out the door, hoping you didn't forget anything.
On your way to the airport you hope for no traffic, good weather, and that your suitcase doesn't exceed the limit (we all know how fun it is to have to remove items from a carefully packed suitcase)!
You get to the airport with a sigh of relief - get inside and you find that your flight was canceled. You now have to wait for 5 hours until your actual flight.
Being the optimistic person that I am and so excited to be going to the beautiful city of Asheville, NC, I didn't let it bother me, figuring I really can't do much about it now.
I started getting bored really fast. I decided it was time to make a plan. I asked myself, "When it's crazy at home, what do you wish you had time to do?" So here it is-
5 Things to Pass Time
- Check your emails- Sure you get to skim your emails but now is your chance to go through read them and actually respond. You know all the emails you marked as important and never went back to address them? Well, go get em!
- Call your friends- How many times do you remember at 12am that you really wanted to call so and so? It's a perfect time to catch up with old friends, make doctor appointments, or any other call you've been putting off.
- Read a magazine or book- You know that magazine or book you've been wanting to read but never can get quiet or alone time? Here's your chance. If you didn't bring one with you, go to the news stand at the airport, the $5-$10 is worth it!
- Have a meal- When was the last time you sat and ate a meal with no phone or other interruptions. We're always in a rush and gulping down our food. Savor the taste, time, and quiet of the meal!
- Explore- Did you ever really look around an airport? I never do and I was amazed at what I found. I'm from CT and there in the middle of the terminal was a Mark Twain House made of Legos!! How cool is that? I've never visited the Mark Twain House so I stood there for about 10 minutes, reading all about it. I noticed some other cool items throughout the airport too that I would have never taken the time to look at had I not been delayed.
Lego Mark Twain House
Hope this helps you the next time you're stranded at the airport!
What do you do to pass time??