Travel BuddyBy Kourtney Jason, Life2PointOh.com
Summer is just weeks away, and if you're like us, you and your boyfriend or best friend have at least one getaway countdown clock tickin' away. While you're stressing out about what to pack on your road trip or European escape, you may notice one more worry creeping around your head: is your friend or boyfriend someone you will enjoy traveling with? It's not as easy as it sounds! Before you fill up your gas tank or book those plane tickets, run through the following questions:
1. On a road trip, is your fellow car cohort going to need to pull over at every rest stop for a pee and food break? If so, it could double the length of travel time to your destination and you may not want this pal to be your co-captain.
2. Vacation is about unplugging from the rest of the world and feeling revitalized. So no matter where you go, will you and your getaway pal share the same views on technology usage (cell phones, iPads, laptops, etc.)? Read between the lines: is she going to annoy you by texting her boyfriend/updating her Facebook status nonstop while you're trying to enjoy girl time?
3. For some, dinnertime is 6PM. For others, it's 9 or later. So while on vacay, will you both be able to compromise on meal times as well as places to eat?
4. Speaking of your non-vacation routine schedule, will your travel buddy set an alarm for the crack of dawn while you plan to sleep until noon every day of the vacation? There's potential here for serious schedule conflicts so make sure you're both on the same page.
5. Do you plan to get wild and rowdy with the locals? Or do you want to take in all the sights and tourist attractions? Or is a mix of both what you prefer? Make a list of what you both want to do so you'll both get what you want out of the trip.
6. Sure, money is not a topic easily discussed among friends. But if you two have opposite spending budgets for your trip, who ever has the smaller budget is going to need three things: intense self-control, the ability to say "No" and be able to remind herself that window shopping can be fun, too.
Want more of the travel buddy checklist? Go to Life2PointOh.com!
- Travel Luxe for Less: Atlantis, Paradise Island
- Chicago Travel Tips (From Giuliana and Bill Rancic)
- 8 Tips to Avoid a Roommate Disaster
Life2PointOh is a 20-something blog with the focus on conquering the Quarter Life with tips and tricks in entertaining, relationships, career, style and more.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter !