- Sarah Mccoll, Shine Staff | Shine Food | Mon, Feb 4, 2013 3:11 PM EST | Comments
deep freeze, most of us feel anything but hot. The dry skin on my hand's looks like it belongs to a Golden Girl. My lips are too flaky for red lipstick, and even the most ambitious sidewalk cat-caller has little to respond to: my shape is buried under a couple layers of wool. All of which leads me to believe that whoever decided to "brighten up" February with Valentine's Day was a freak.And yet... At this point in winter's
Leaning over a bowl of dumpling soup lends a milkmaid flush to our cheeks (and inspires a new term of endearment). Lusty, falling-apart short ribs warm us from the inside, and a dark chocolate mousse is richly decadent but still airy. These are our sexy foods: our go-to recipes for seduction that can raise temperatures in even the darkest and dreariest winter month. This month, The Shine Supper Club asks you to share your tried-and-true sexiest dish. Here's how to join us:
1. Write a blog post telling us about your sexiest dish by Sunday 11:59PM PST, February 24t...Read More »
- Sarah Mccoll, Shine Staff | Shine Food | Thu, Jan 24, 2013 4:49 PM EST | CommentsCamilla of Caffay Way brings a taste of Europe to the Shine Supper Club. Originally from Sweden (but now calling Colorado home), Camilla shared her recipe for glogg in our December recipe round-up, but it was her Avocado Cream Pasta with Grilled Shrimp (recipe below) that made her this month's winner.
Camilla is the newest Shine Supper Club winner!
What ingredient are you currently obsessed with?
It's not so much about a specific ingredient, it's more about my obsession with certain cooking appliances. For example, a couple of weeks ago I purchased a cast iron grill pan, which has become a permanent staple in my kitchen. I grill everything: avocado, shrimp, vegetables, chicken, peaches. A few months ago I bought an enameled dutch oven and was cooking roasts and stews 24/7. Now I'm kind of itching for a panini press.
Favorite food memory?
Growing up we did not go out to restaurants often. However, every once in a while my parents would take me and my siblings on a European road trip. These trips were so fun and some of my fondest ...Read More »
- Tue, Jan 22, 2013 12:00 PM EST | CommentsCan you please pass the kale and millet, because even the most die hard bon vivants among us has probably overdone it on the cheese and chocolate at this point. We're ready to eat greens, we want to put turmeric and ginger in everything, and we'd like to fit in our pants again. The Shine Supper Club to the rescue, with recipes to hasten a return to sane eating. Bring it on.
- Sarah Mccoll, Shine Staff | Shine Food | Wed, Jan 2, 2013 12:19 PM EST | CommentsJanuary is all about fresh starts, even in the kitchen. We're celebrating the clean slate by rounding up healthy recipes: lighter winter fare that's fresh, delicious, and filled with fresh veggies, lean proteins and/or whole grains. The winning recipe this month will receive a copy of The New Way to Cook Light. Here's how to join us:
Share your healthy winter recipes with the Shine Supper Club!
1. Write a blog post telling us about a healthy recipe you're cooking up this month by Sunday 11:59PM PST, January 20th. Be sure to include a photo and a recipe.
2. Mention and link to the Shine Supper Club in your post: http://shine.yahoo.com/supper-club/
3. Tweet @YahooShine with a link to your post and include the hashtag #shinesupperclub. Aren't on Twitter? Email the link to shine_sarahmccoll at yahoo.com. We will compile the links for all participants to include in their posts so all Supper Club members can share in the link love.
4. Finalists will be posted by 12PM Monday, January 21 with voting open until 12PM PST Wednesday, January 23. The winn...Read More »
- Sarah Mccoll, Shine Staff | Shine Food | Fri, Dec 21, 2012 2:33 PM EST | Comments
...Read More »