- Sarah Mccoll, Shine Staff | Shine Food | Mon, Jul 2, 2012 1:27 PM EDT | Comments
We have entered the dog days of summer, and barbecue season is (blissfully!) upon us. What's in your bag of tricks to keep cookout guests happy? Is it a killer salad recipe that leaves burgers and dogs in the dust? Do you swear by a spice rub that transforms everything from skirt steak to pork chops to a side of salmon into a grilled masterpiece? What about a lemonade recipe that quenches the thirst of an army of horseshoe players? Join in July's Supper Club by sharing Your Best Cookout Secret and you could win this super-chic portable charcoal grill for impromptu beachside picnics! Our second prize winner will keep the grill fun rolling on rainy days and into winter with a ridged grill pan....Read More »
To Join Us:
1. Write a blog post, on Shine or elsewhere, telling us about your best cookout secret. Be sure to include a photo and a recipe.
2. Mention and link to the Shine Supper Club in your post: http://shine.yahoo.com/supper-club/
3. Tweet @yahooshine with a link to your post and include th
- Sarah Mccoll, Shine Staff | Shine Food | Mon, Jul 2, 2012 12:00 AM EDT | CommentsOn a sweltering, fry-an-egg-on-the-sidewalk summer day, only two things can be counted on to cool you off: a dip in a pool and an ice cream cone. (Had in quick succession, it's the stuff February daydreams are made of.) But part of the fun is the quick work of it. Sometimes, no matter how fast you lick, the chocolate-vanilla-strawberry drips down the cone and onto your hand--a sticky, delicious mess. It's a quintessential summer moment FiguerasPhoto captured beautifully in this photograph and these simple words: "Summer just wouldn't be summer without a melty chocolate ice cream cone." We couldn't agree more, and neither could you. Shine readers chose this entry as the best embodiment of the First Bite of Summer in June's Supper Club. Now, please pass the ice cream.
Melty Chocolate Ice Cream Cone
Curious about the Supper Club? Check back at noon PST on July 2 to learn the new theme and join us in our next eating adventure. Word has it there'll be a prize!
Thanks to everyone who participated, and congrats to Figuer...Read More »