Organize your closet with these simple tips:
- You need to be able to see what you're doing. Move everything onto the bed and separate those items that need to visit the tailor or cobbler.
- Put your favorite pieces back in the closet, sorted into categories. Place those you wear the most (office pants, jeans, day dresses) in the most accessible location.
- Once items are sorted by category, sort them by color.
- Invest in uniform hangers; we like the super-thin Joy Mangano Huggable Hangers for tops (available at hsn.com) and basic clips for skirts and pants.
- Shoes should be arranged in clear, stacking drawers or a wire grid system on the back of the closet door. Shoe Repair 101: Tips for keeping your shoes in shape.
- All sweaters should be buttoned, folded, and stacked, with the bulkiest on the bottom to create sturdy piles. Wardrobe Tip: How to get wrinkles out of sweaters.
- Make sure all of your clothing is clean before submitting it to long-term storage in your closet. And remove all items from dry-cleaning bags-they can trap chemicals that can break down fibers. Check out this simple trick to remove that musty smell from stored or vintage clothing.
Related: 11 Stylish and Affordable Outfits for Fall.
More from Lucky: