LilSugarSource: Celebrate the Season With 20 Fun Fall Arts and Crafts
We've gathered together our favorite Fall arts and crafts that are perfect for getting the whole family in the Autumn spirit. From apple print place mats to vibrantly painted leaves, kids of all ages will love celebrating the season while getting creative. Best of all, these crafts are so fun, the kids will never know they're educational, introducing science concepts and color theory while boosting budding fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Decorate the home or send the finished creations to friends and family to share the Fall spirit.
- Salt Dough Leaf Prints: Kids love squishing and exploring with play dough, and this homemade salt dough is even cooler because you can let it dry and then paint it. Follow the simple directions for making these beautiful Fall leaf salt dough prints that make lovely paperweights or table decorations.
- Apple Print Place Mats: Celebrate Fall with colorful apple prints that can easily be transformed into Autumn place mats with the help of some professional lamination. Using Fall colors makes these prints really pop.
- Negative Leaf Impressions: Instead of painting leaves and pressing them onto paper, check out this exciting idea from Tinkerlab. Create negative leaf impressions while building fine motor skills by spraying leaves with liquid watercolor paints. Use Fall colors to create a collection of prints that could be popped in frames and displayed in your home!
- Halloween Pumpkin Prints: Use a special pumpkin to create prints that are great Halloween decorations. And your tot will learn more about the sweet gourd by taking a closer look at its insides while making this fun Fall craft.
- Fabulous Fall Collage: This Fall collage really is fabulous! Capturing the colors and textures of Autumn, this collage craft is fun for kids and also encourages your tot to think about arrangement and balance in artwork. Along with being three-dimensional, it showcases the colors and beautiful natural elements of the season.
- Shaving Cream Painted Leaves: Here's a Fall project that's just as fun for kids as it is for adults - and it's a Pinterest favorite! These easy shaving cream painted leaves from Little Wonders' Days will have you swirling paint right next to your tot to create Autumn leaves. String the finished creations to create a decorative garland, or hang them from a stick for a lovely, leaf-filled mobile.
More from LilSugar: 8 Spooktacular Halloween Apps Perfect For Tots
- Fall Leaf Mobile: Perfect for lil ones, this simple Fall leaf mobile uses silk leaves and sparkling beads to create a welcoming outdoor decoration.
- Acorn Cap Jewels: All kids love collecting colorful things, so making these acorn cap jewels from Paint Cut Paste will definitely have your tot excited about Fall! Gather acorn tops and then create these colorful creations in just a few simple steps.
- Coffee Filter Fall Leaf Garland: Use coffee filters to create something really special with your tot. With the help of markers, watercolor paints, and some scissors, your little one will be on her way to stringing a Fall leaf garland in no time.
- Fall Luminaries: From Martha Stewart, these adorable Fall leaf luminaries have taken Pinterest by storm. Using battery-powered candles makes this illuminated Autumn craft wonderfully safe and enjoyable.
- Fall Handprint Tree: We know parents love finding ways to document their child's growth, making this Fall handprint tree craft a fun way to celebrate the season and create something really special.
- Fall Leaf Initial: You'll be the envy of the neighborhood with this Fall leaf initial hanging from your door - or hang it inside as a showstopping conversation piece! Make a monogram hanging leaf for each member of the family and hang them side by side in the hallway or over the mantel.
- Leaf Print Fall Cards: Use colorful tissue paper and an actual fallen leaf to create colorful Fall cards to send to friends and family.
More from LilSugar: Fall Flavors: Easy Baked Pumpkin Ravioli
- Fall Pumpkin Craft : Easy peasy. This is probably the easiest Fall craft you'll take on this season - and it's so darn cute! This hanging pumpkins garland adds a little touch of Fall to your home and can be hung just about anywhere in the house.
- Fall Button Branch: We love crafts with buttons, don't you? Create a lovely Fall button branch with your little ones by having them help you sort spare buttons by color. Older kiddos can also help glue and frame your masterpiece too!
- Felt Fall Leaves Garland: Spruce up any room with a wonderfully simple Fall leaves garland made from felt. It's as simple as cutting, stringing, and finding the perfect spot for hanging.
- Scented Play Dough: Celebrate the smells of Fall by mixing together homemade scented play dough. Use orange drink mix and add one tablespoon of cinnamon to create a really special dough this Autumn.
- Pumpkin Seed Pumpkin Fall Craft: Real pumpkins won't last more than a few weeks, but this simple pumpkin seed pumpkin can last forever!
- Fall Leaf Napkin Rings: Transform toilet paper tubes into Fall leaf napkin rings that make any table more festive. Along with being a fun project, this craft is also eco-friendly.
- Apple Coasters: These adorable apple coasters are considered to be an easy sewing project by the talented ladies at NYC's Purl Bee, but they can easily be made with fabric glue by younger tots who aren't quite ready to handle a needle and thread.
Get Into Fall With These 30 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes
Instagram Challenge: Pumpkin Patch!
16 Foodie Reasons to Love Fall
Follow LilSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of LilSugar on Facebook