Yum! Homemade cheddar crackers!My little girls love snacks, and Baby Z is no exception. I'm always on the hunt for quick and healthy bites that can hold them over until it's mealtime or to keep their energy sustained while playing at the park. I try to avoid processed and store-bought snacks as much as I possibly can. Like many others, I believe all the added preservatives, colors, and other ingredients I can't even pronounce, are harmful for my little girls' growing bodies.
I stumbled upon this recipe and thought I'd give it a try. It uses simple ingredients and seemed easy enough to pull together. My daughters helped along with the entire process which was a great experience to share together. It was nice knowing exactly what went into the making of their snacks and they actually tasted like real cheese! Imagine that.
Related: 44 up-and-coming baby name predictions for 2014
• 2 cups, sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
• 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
• 1 cup flour
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons cold water
1. Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough becomes crumbly.
2. Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
3. Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 20 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until crispy.
6. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- By Amnah Ibrahim
For 50 baby names inspired by Harry Potter, visit Disney Baby!
| MORE ON DISNEY BABY |
50 of the most "peaceful" baby names
18 bright, bold and vibrant baby names inspired by the fall season
38 short and sweet baby names for your little one