Source: Snack Stash: Nonperishable Food to Keep in Your Gym Bag
Refueling after a long, hard workout is important to help muscles repair and recover so you can hit it just as hard your next time out. If you're a gal on the go, then it's a good idea to always pack a few nonperishable items. Here are some tasty and nutritious ideas.
- Package of unsalted raw peanuts and mini boxes of raisins (18 nuts are 104 calories, one mini box of raisins is 45 calories): 146 calories.
- Small packages of Late July Organic Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers: one bag is 120 calories.
- Shelf-stable Soy Dream Chocolate soy milk: one eight-ounce container is 150 calories.
- Kind Nut Delight Bars and a bag of dried apricots (half a bar is 105 calories, three apricots are 50 calories): 155 calories.
- Package of unsalted sunflower seeds and bag of medjool dates (one tablespoon seeds is 47 calories, four organic dates are 100 calories): 147 calories.
- Barbara's Bakery Raspberry Fig Bars and raw almonds (two bars are 120 calories, five almonds are 35 calories): 155 calories.
- Kashi Cinnamon Oat Heart to Heart Cereal and shelf-stable Soy Dream Vanilla soy milk (1/4 cup of cereal is 40 calories, eight-ounce container of soy milk is 120 calories): 160 calories.
- Annie's Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies snack packs: one-ounce pack is 150 calories.
- Mini Clif Bars and dried cherries (Crunchy Peanut Butter, Oatmeal Raisin Walnut, Chocolate Chip, or Blueberry Crisp are each 100 calories, half an ounce of organic dried cherries is 50 calories: 150 calories.
Pre-Workout Snack Ideas For the Morning
10 Healthy Habits to Nail This Week
Follow FitSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of FitSugar on Facebook