Pumpkin is the hottest flavor of the season, and chef Stuart O'Keeffe has some great no-bake recipes that are truly "easy as pie."
Looking for a fun seasonal dessert to make with your kids? Try these three-ingredient mini pumpkin pies, made simply by mixing pumpkin pie spice with Greek honey yogurt and pouring into mini graham cracker pie shells. Top with whipped cream and ground cinnamon for a perfect individual treat.
If you're in the mood for something a little more traditional, try Stuart's no-bake pumpkin pie, which uses gelatin to set the ingredients. Simply add condensed milk, eggs, gelatin, and spices into a saucepan and bring it up to a slow heat. Mix with pumpkin purée and vanilla, pour into a pie shell, and leave in the fridge to set. "It smells like fall," Stuart says.
To learn how to make these easy pumpkin pies, tune in to this episode of "Easy Does It," and check out the recipes below!
Three-Ingredient Mini Pumpkin Pie
2 6-ounce containers of Greek honey yogurt
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
4 mini graham cracker crusts
Whipped cream and ground cinnamon for topping (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt and pumpkin pie spice and stir well.
2. Fill pie shells evenly with the mixture.
3. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon, and enjoy.
Stu's No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
1 package of unflavored gelatin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pinch of kosher salt
1 can condensed milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 15-ounce can pumpkin purée
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 graham cracker crust
Whipped cream for topping
1. In a heavy-based saucepan, bring the gelatin, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, condensed milk, and eggs to a slow heat. Stir slowly until mixture thickens somewhat, about 10-12 minutes.
2. Add pumpkin purée along with the vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
3. Pour into crust and place in the fridge from 3 hours to overnight.
4. Serve with some whipped cream.