I love pumpkin - it's one of my favorite things about fall. Whether it's fresh or canned, you can put this sweet squash in just about anything. From sweet breads to savory dishes, pumpkin can enhance even the simplest of recipes. Our 5 Sensational Pumpkin Recipes highlight the best of this versatile fall squash.
Sensational Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Lasagna
- Ginger-Streusel Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Sloppy Joes
- Pumpkin Cranberry Biscotti
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- Dash pepper
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in oil until tender; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cream, sage, pepper and remaining salt.
- Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles (noodles will overlap slightly). Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce to edges of noodles. Top with half of mushroom mixture, 1/2 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Looking for more Pumpkin Recipes?
By, Sarah James at tasteofhome.com