We all want fabulous legs- especially this time of year-but we don't always keep in mind how details like hem height, even shoe style, can help (or hurt) our cause. Shape Magazine's Jacqui Stafford came by to show us five fashion choices that can help create long, lean legs for summer.
Shape Magazine's Executive Style Director, Jacqui Stafford, always has good advice about dressing to flatter your figure. So we wanted to hear her tricks for making our legs look as good as possible. Herewith her five top tips:
1. Hem skirts at the knee. The eye is automatically drawn to where the hem meets the leg and the knee is the thinnest point. By contrast, if you hem a skirt at mid-calf, your legs will appear heavier.
2. Hem pants ½ inch off the ground. This one is pure common sense- if you keep your pants as long as possible, you'll create a longer line. Jacqui also suggests wearing a high heel and avoiding capris at all costs.
3. Buy a nude d'orsay heel. Nude shoes (especially d'orsay heels, which give a peek at your arches), in essence trick the eye into thinking your legs are longer than they are because they visually continue the line of your leg.
4. Avoid ankle straps. They're tempting but more often than not they make your legs look shorter. If you can't avoid indulging in the popular gladiator trend right now, pair them with jeans.
5. Contour with self tanner. Add some bronze shimmer just down the shin which reflects light and creates definition.
Do you have any leg elongating tips we should know about? If so, post a comment on our Facebook page and let us know.
Another tip for great legs, of course, is a great workout. Check out our video with Tracy Anderson, celebrity trainer to Gwyneth, Shakira and Kate Hudson if you haven't already.
Follow The Thread on Twitter.
Become a friend of The Thread on Facebook.
Check out the latest episodes of The Thread below.
|Five steps to celebrity legs||Dakota reveals her favorite red carpet look|
|Celebrity Leg Transformations||Viewer Hot Topic: Shaving|