Generally, turtlenecks are stifling-hot neck-squeezers that ruin your hairdo but the fashion industry and the celebrities in this gallery disagree with me. They were all over the runways this year: Michael Kors, Derek Lam, and Alexander Wang are a few names you may recognize who showed the extended-neck tops. This look can go a variety of different ways, so bear with me if you're interested in taking a turtleneck for a test-drive. And then check the gallery for a wide range of inspiration!
- Layer under a jacket, a vest or a blazer.
- If you're going to wear a necklace, make sure it's big and short, and your turtleneck is thin and tight.
- Turtleneck dresses!
- Turtlenecks UNDER dresses!
- Sleeveless turtlenecks!
- Tight turtlenecks with loose pants or skirts.
- White turtlenecks, unless it's the 1990's and you're a dad coaching a soccer game in late November.
- If you're well-endowed up top, no turtlenecks. Sorry :(
- Tight turtlenecks with tight pants. Catwoman effect.
- Turtlenecks under ponchos.
- Turtlenecks with scarves.
- Long necklaces with heavy turtlenecks.
- Turtleneck maternity dresses. Too tent-like.
Ariel tweets. And not just about turtlenecks!
Check out the latest from The Thread below.
|Holiday Shopping Dilemmas Solved
||Are You Washing Your Hair Wrong?
|Check Out The Thread Homepage||How to Get Sleek, Straight Hair|