Disclaimer: Love should be given and received all year round, not just on February 14th. That said, sometimes following the crowd and exchanging tokens of adoration can be fun. There are only two rules for buying Valentine's Day gifts: they should evoke a feeling, and they shouldn't be expensive.
GIFTS TO GET
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
Buy.com 14k gold intial pendant, $34.99.Jewelmint Cleopatra cabachon earrings, $29.99.Max & Chloe rose-gold colored Modcloth.com seahorse pendant necklace, $19.99.House of Harlow 1960 horseshoe bangle, $48.00.
6. 7. 8. 9. 10.
Amazon.com silver knot ring, $33.00.Forever 21 leopard mesh corset bra, $9.80.Jessica Simpson watercolor corset & thong, $38.00.Kohl's silk mini-robe, $38.00.
11. 12. 13. 14. 15.
Topshop underwear, 3 for $20.Adele 'Macarons' at Barnes & Noble, $8.71.Urban Outfitters heart-shaped cutting board, $19.99. Voluspa baltic amber candle, $18.00.
1. A simple, 14K gold letter pendant tells the world she's your girl (like surrounding your initials in a heart on a tree, but more wearable). Buy.com, $34.99.
2. Funky earrings prove you get her style. Jewelmint.com, $29.99.
3. A lips pendant sends a cheeky little message. Max & Chloe, $38.00.
4. Seahorses mate for life (aww). And their likenesses make cute pendant necklaces. Modcloth.com, $19.99.
5. Horseshoes bring good luck. Give a horseshoe bangle, you'll get lucky. Shopbop.com, $48.00.
6. The sweetest little reminder. A forget-me-knot, if you will. Amazon.com, $33.00.
7. Who does sexy like ze French? Btemptd.com, $38.00 & $18.00.
8. Retro shape, recession-friendly price. Forever 21, $9.80.
9. A wearable bouquet lasts longer than the real thing. Jessica Simpson Collection, $38.00.
10. So soft on smooth skin. Kohl's, $38.00.
11. The gift that keeps on giving. Topshop, 3 for $20.
12. Pre-order Adele's soulful album. It shows initiative. Amazon, $9.99.
13. Give a girl a macaron, she'll eat one macaron. Give a girl a book on how to make macarons, she'll eat macarons forever. Barnes & Noble, $8.71.
14. Makes the brute act of chopping a bit more...loving. Urban Outfitters, $19.99.
15. Seduce the nose with an amber-infused candle. Anthropologie, $18.00.
GIFTS TO GIVE
1. 2. 3.
Minnetonka slippers at Urban Outfitters, $48.00.Adidas Hanes thermal underwear set, $16.00.
4. 5. 6. 7.
'How to Build Your Own Spaceship,' Barnes & Noble, $12.82.14ProTec snowboard helmet, $44.95.Bluebeards original beard saver, $23.95.
8. 9. 10. 11.
New York State-shaped cheese board, Etsy, $40.00.Great Migrations official book, $25.00.Eataly anchovies, $9.60 for 3 tins. Asos.com aviator sunglasses, $15.00.
1. Cozy slippers for men with a plaid problem. Urban Outfitters, $48.00.
2. A fresh pair of Sambas means you get his style. Adidas, $60.00.
3. The toasty warm (and weirdly sexy) gift he needs this winter. Hanes, $16.00.
4. Your love for him is out of this world (and he thinks this knowledge may be useful). Barnes & Noble, $12.82.
5. If you love boys that love bikes...20x200, $50.00.
6. A snowboard helmet to protect his cute head. Snowboards-for-sale, $44.95.
7. Celebrate the beard you won't let him shave off. Buy.com, $23.95.
8. His cheese board arrangements deserve a chic New York palette. Etsy, $40.00.
9. As mesmerizing as he is. National Geographic store, $25.00.
10. You hate anchovies; he loves them. It's Valentine's Day...he wins. Eataly, $9.60 for 3 tins.
11. Cheap (but very handsome) aviator sunglasses that he won't feel guilty (eventually) losing. Asos, $15.00.
Follow The Thread on Twitter, "like" us on Facebook
Check out the latest episodes of The Thread below.