Fashion show after fashion show I've seen every faux pas be made on the runway and on the red carpet. I will hush and not mention celebrity names. If only they would have read this list of tips, then they would have stepped back and taken notice of what went utterly wrong. These tips are not just for celebrities or models. They are for everyday looks for woman like you and me.
- Do wear good undergarments. This means bras with good support to avoid any unwanted wardrobe malfunction. Don't dare wear bras or panties that are too small since they can create bulges underneath that fabulous dress. Fit is what matters!
- Don't stress shop. Let's say you have this important event and that you wanted to wear something new since you convinced yourself that you have nothing in the closet, so you go and shop at the last minute. Don't do it! You can wind up with an outfit that simply doesn't work. It will look like it was styled in a rush. Stylists take their time putting outfits together. Think like one and it will save you the headache especially when photos are posted up on social media sites instantaneously. You want to look fantastic.
- Do accessorize. Accessories add pizazz to your outfit. Choose the right ones mixing and matching classic with trendy. For instance, a leopard print bag looks great if balanced with classic blue jeans. Trends come and go, but classics stay-a little black dress, a neutral cardigan and great jeans are staples of your wardrobe.
- Do clean out your closet each season. This one is really important if you have items that are outdated and simply don't fit. Make sure to throw pieces that have holes in them. People sometimes become attached to clothing. If it is outdated and wearable, remember that someone less fortunate can use it. You can donate these items to the Goodwill and believe me you will appreciate come next tax season.
- Do play up your assets, but don't over do it. If you have killer legs, then show them, but please don't wear a skirt so short that anyone can see your undergarments. Great cleavage also can be shown but don't go overboard. To look fashionable, you must first look flattering. Make sure that your assets are played up with clothing that fits right.
If you follow these tips, I assure you that you will look amazing as if you stepped off the runway.