It's beach travel season, when freezing cold east coast residents like ourselves take off in search of warmer climates, or at least dream about it. Here are 10 of the most beautiful beach destinations we can recommend, and the perfect swimsuits to match.
1. When we get jealous of all the celebs we're seeing parade around L.A. without coats on, we daydream of kicking it poolside at the Ritz [above] in the cutest Old Hollywood-style domino-print bikini ever. [Stacked Odds Bikini, $136, Anthropologie.com]
The Frisky: 10 Celebrity Airport Horror Stories
2. Get nautical on the baby blue shores of Eleuthera in the Bahamas. [French Sailor Halter Tank, $82, JCrew.com] J.Crew
3. The Yucatan in Mexico is all about understated elegance and filled with simple eco-friendly beach huts, like at one of our favorite spots, Tita Tulum. [Freya Swim Eclipse, $71, Figleaves.com]Figleaves
The Frisky: 6 Ways To Maximize Your Suitcase Space
4. The surf in Costa Rica calls for sporty duds in between wetsuit action. [Follow The Sun Bikini, $82, Roxy.com] Roxy
The Frisky: Going Away? 12 Cute Cases To Protect Your Passport
5. Look like a pretty vintage pinup girl in a Hawaii postcard. [White Stag Shirred Halter, $20, Walmart.com]
6. Get festive and echo the colorful rowboats of Jamaica. And get your hair braided while you're on the island. [Coral Reversible Bikini, $50, Topshop.com]
7. If you can afford to vacay in schmancy, celeb-filled St. Barts, then maybe you can buy this designer bathing suit. [Missoni Berna Halterneck Bathing Suit, $750 Net-a-Porter.com]
The Frisky: Hottest Celebrity Vacation Destinations: Bye, Bye Dubai! Hello Morocco?
8. Every time we stop by the Shelbourne hotel in South Beach in Miami, we're amazed by the abundance of topless ladies hanging by the pool. would you dare to bare? [The Topless Bikini, $68, Victoria's Secret.com]
9. Bring a cool caftan in your carry-on if you're lucky enough to make it to exotic island of Mauritius, off the coast of Africa. [Animal Abstract Printed Caftan, $83 Figleaves.com]
10. Puerto Rico has a fun and flirty vibe. Check out Vieques, a little further afield and known for its world-famous bioluminescent bay. [Tutu Top and Bottom, $180, CoutureCandy.com]
There's lots more to love on The Frisky!
Stylish Celebrities Who Actually Dress Themselves
10 Pricey Spring Must-Haves And Their Cheaper Alternatives
5 Jackets You'll Want To Wear This Spring
Cool Patterned Shoes For $100 Or Less
- 7 Chic Sneakers and Casual Cool Slip-On Shoes
Check out and sign up for The Frisky Twitter!