If you are like most people, you look like complete crap when you step off the plane after a 6-hour plane ride: unkempt hair, baggy eyes, dull skin and an irritated scowl from having to eat some overpriced bag of peanuts.
And then there are the anomalies who look like they've just woken up from a rejuvenating beauty nap and are ready to hail a taxi to their next modeling shoot.
Okay... so maybe they flew first-class and their flight package came with an in-flight spa session. And they're, uh, international models. But post-plane beauty doesn't have to be impossible for the rest of us normal-looking folk who fly economy.
1. Drink lots of water. A no-brainer that many of us aren't doing enough of, in the air or on the ground. Drinking lots of water ensures that you are adequately hydrated for more energy and more radiant skin.
2. Keep your fashion sleek and simple. Don't wear anything too tight or constrictive. Wear comfortable shoes. And don't wear too much clothes, either. Juggling your scarf, hat, oversized earrings, sunglasses, jacket, iPod--in addition to your purse and carry-on luggage--will not make you look hot, just confused.
3. Go easy on the eye make-up. Or better yet, don't wear any at all before you board the plane. Save the application of your favorite dark, smoldering eye make-up for just when you're about to land-unless you want to get it all over your travel pillow.
4. Undereye concealer is your best friend. Dark eye circles-the telltale sign of every haggard traveler. Get rid of the evidence with just a few light touch-ups towards the end of your flight.
5. Keep your hair as non-maintenance as possible. Save your fancy up-do for after the plane ride. Keep it down or in a simple ponytail. Have some hair bands, bobby pins and a travel-sized comb in your purse as back-up.
6. Save the rockstar jewelry for later. Put them on after you got off the plane and get past security. Think of it as an instant accessory upgrade for arriving in a new time zone!
More From Intent.com:
PHOTO (cc): Flickr / mjmartinson