Whether you're going to the Bahamas or visiting a friend in Colorado, vacations can be fun and exciting. Have you packed all your clothes yet? What about your makeup? You don't need to pack your entire makeup drawer. Just pick a few essentials and you will be all set to go.
Makeup To Pack
Before you decide on how you want to do your makeup, here are some tips for vacation makeup.
1. Opt for tinted moisturizer instead of foundation. You don't want to have to feel a heavy foundation on your face when you're trying to have fun. A tinted moisturizer will even out your skin tone and mask redness without feeling too heavy on your skin.
2. Wear waterproof eyeliner and mascara if you are going to be in a humid climate or will be swimming a lot. Water resistant eyeliner and mascara won't slide off as easily, so you won't have to worry about having raccoon eyes on vacation.
3. Apply a tinted lip balm on your lips. Since you will probably be doing different activities on vacation, the last thing you want to do is deal with reapplying sticky lip gloss and heavy lipstick. A tinted lip balm is very low-maintenance, but will still give your lips a lovely color.
4. Pack cleansing and makeup remover cloths. These will remove your makeup in a couple of swipes. Forget about the bulky bottles; they are much too heavy to carry with you.
5. Find fun eye shadow colors to wear like blue, green and purple. It's your vacation so you don't need to worry about wearing "safe" office makeup.
6. Grab a soft cream blush to wear. It will look much more natural and is quicker to apply.
Makeup Looks to Try
Here are two makeup looks you can try creating on your vacation.
This makeup look is all about enhancing your natural glow. After you have evened out your skin tone with tinted moisturizer, dab cream blush on your eyelids, cheeks and lips. Add liquid highlighter on top of your cheeks, along your brow bones and across your temples.
Fun and Bright
How many times do you really get to wear bright, fun eye shadow out in public? This is your time to have some fun with your makeup. Apply a bright eye shadow to your eyelids and lower lash lines. Add two coats of mascara to your lashes. Finish this look by applying a nude lip balm to your lips.
There is nothing wrong with trying to look your best on your vacation. By following the above tips and tricks, you will look nothing less than gorgeous.
More from Katya Gordeeva: