It's easy to fall into the old dinner-and-a-movie routine either out of habit or because you can't think of anything better to do. Luckily, all you need is a little creative inspiration and a sense of adventure to have an amazing time with your guy on Valentine's Day. These suggestions should get you started. Single? We promise your Feb. 14 won't suck if you try one of these ideas from our readers.
1. Have a DIY dinner. Set up a taco bar with all the fixings or make homemade pizza. Or seduce your guy with one of Katie Lee's yummy recipes.
2. Want to know if you have a future with your guy? Visit a psychic. You don't have to buy into her predictions, but at least you'll have a good laugh.
3. Pamper yourselves with a couples massage at a day spa. These relaxing indulgences uses heat to maximize the mellowness you'll experience - perfect for warming up a winter's night.
4. Test your luck at a nearby casino or horse race. Bring only a set amount of cash that you can afford to lose.
5. Book a room at a local hotel for only one night. To add an element of mystery, don't tell him where you're going.
6. Instead of eating dinner in front of the TV, grab a blanket, a baguette, and Brie and have a picnic under the stars. Or head to a nearby national park and cuddle in front of a fire.
7. Play around-the-world cocktails. Sample one specialty drink from a wine bar, one from a pub, and another from a Russian vodka room. Take a taxi.
8. Hit a playground or an amusement park. Use the swing set, go on rides, win a teddy bear-you know, have fun like you did when you were a kid.
Get more from Cosmopolitan.com!18 Reasons to Love Being Single
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.