By Michele Borboa, for SheKnows.com
Looking for a sweet way to end Valentine's Day? Give your lover the ultimate after-dinner dessert with indulgent edible lingerie you made yourself. Heat up the romance with this recipe for edible caramel lingerie:
How sweet it is!
10-inch plastic coated icing bags
A variety of small opening decorating tips for icing
Lingerie, to use a template
1 stick butter
1-1/8 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup dark Karo syrup
1/2 cup condensed milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. To create a template, stretch a piece of lingerie over a sheet of wax paper and trace its outline with a felt tip pen. Fold the paper or mat in half to check that its shape is symmetrical. Attach the smallest tip to a nonstick icing bag and set aside.
2. To concoct the caramel, combine the butter and sugar in a double boiler or a heavy-bottomed pan. Add the Karo syrup and evaporated milk. Stirring constantly, cook over low heat until the mixture starts to thicken. Test the thickness by spooning threads of it onto a piece of wax paper.
3. Let mixture cook for 5 minutes - the caramel should be pliable, but not too liquidy. Caramel should be runny enough to pass through the small tip of the icing bag but thick enough to hold its shape.
4. Holding the icing bag in a dish towel to prevent it from burning your hands, spoon about 1/2 cup of hot caramel in the bag. Press top of bag together and fold or twist it to close. Squeezing from the top down, drizzle the caramel in a lacy pattern within your lingerie template on the wax paper.
Related: Sexy Valentine's Day cocktails>>
5. Work quickly because the caramel will thicken as it cools and will be too viscous to pass through the tip. If it does get too thick, scrape it back into the pot on the stove and reheat until its runny again. You will need to reheat several times - but the end result is so worth it!
6. To attach the different pieces of lacework once you have filled the template, you will need stronger pieces of caramel to act as connectors.
Place a larger decorating tip in another icing bag and fill it with caramel that has been reheated a number of times (the more times caramel is reheated, the stronger it becomes). Squeeze out 6 thick long ropes of caramel and lay them next to each other on a sheet of wax paper.
Related: 30 Aphrodisiac foods>>
7. As the ropes cool and stiffen, attach two of them to the top of the caramel lace bra (one on each side) with dabs of hot caramel - these will go up over the collarbones to attach behind the neck. Attach two to the sides of the caramel lace bra (one on each side) with dabs of hot caramel - these will go around the ribcage and attach in the back. Attach two on the top sides of the caramel lace undies - these will go around the hips to attach in the back. It is up to you if you want to attach another rope at the bottom of the undies to go underneath and connect with the other two ropes in the back (making the ultimate string bikini).8. Set caramel lingerie in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to cool and harden. When you remove it from the freezer, it should not feel sticky and will easily peel off the wax paper. To wear, peel bra off of wax paper and put it in place on your body, then let someone else connect the straps behind your neck and back - attaching them with dabs of hot caramel. Peel off bikini and set it in place and let someone else attach the straps behind you with dabs of hot caramel.
Related: 20 Wacky ways to show your love>>
9. As your body warms your caramel lingerie, it will become pliable and very sticky. Make sure you put on your sweet ensemble right before you plan to treat your lover - or have him help you put it on. Regardless, your Valentine's Day date will be ooey, gooey delicious!
MORE ROMANTIC AND SEXY IDEAS
- Valentine's Day breakfast in bed
Simple, creamy Valentine's Day fudge
- 7 Ways to celebrate Valentine's day after the kids go to bed
- Beauty tips for Valentine's Day
- 3 Unique ways to spend Valentine's Day
Connect with SheKnows.com. Find us on Facebook and Twitter.