Ahhh, February 14. Hearts and roses, reservations and red lingerie. Sounds romantic, but let's get real here, ladies: V-Day can suck. From terrible gifts to a sudden case of amnesia (wait, wasn't today, uh, Lincoln's birthday or something?). Read on for more cringeworthy moves.
1. Telling you, "God, we're never going to be able to get a dinner reservation tonight because it's stupid Valentine's Day."
2. Waiting until February 13 to make plans with you because, hey, you're his girlfriend and he knows he's getting laid.
3. Giving you supermarket flower after three years of dating. So not cool when you're this committed. Stumped about what to get your boyfriend or hubby? Our gift guide for every stage of a relationship has got you covered.
4. Confiding to you at a Valentine's singles party that the only thing he finds appetizing are the free red martinis.
5. Taking you to a fast-food drive-through, then renting Basic Instinct and inviting you back to his dorm room/shady apartment to watch it with his roommate.
6. Making you a lame heart-shaped card cut from notebook paper with "IOU one gift" written on it. Think he forgot? Find out why this holiday is so hard for men to remember.
7. Insisting on treating you to a lavish dinner and ordering tons of appetizers, the priciest entrée, and two bottles of wine (most of which he drinks). Then when the bill comes, Loverboy asks if you can throw in, say, 80 bucks or so.
8. Setting tentative plans but not telling you exactly what time he's picking you up or where you're going. Then - surprise! - at 9:45, he tells you he's stuck at work, then says, "You're not mad, are you?"
9. Dumping you the day before because he didn't want to torment you by going through the motions. (At least you could've gotten one last fancy meal out of the deal.) We've figured out why guys dump girls they dig.
10. Wearing a Cupid costume. Hey, we know men do plenty of crazy things for women, but this is so not hot.
Get more from Cosmopolitan.com!Good Girl Moves to Ditch on Valentine's Day Seduce Your Boyfriend with These Beauty Moves
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.