Watching the synchronized swimmers pop out of the water was like watching models on a liquid runway. The judges and audiences were stunned but happily so, seeing the team's vibrant blue eyeshadows, pouty pink lips and perfect facial skin. In an interview with People magazine, U.S. Olympian Mariya Koroleva said, "Wearing makeup allows the judges and the audience to see our faces better when we are swimming, because we are so far away. It also adds to the overall presentation of the routine."
You, too, can pop out of the pool wearing a fab waterproof makeup style by trying these gorgeous products.
- Diorshow mascara: Recommended by Koroleva, she says, "I love Diorshow mascara." Diorshow is an award-winning product produced by the fashion house Dior. It has an extra-large brush for getting big lashes and comes in a variety of colors. The waterproof formula won't fail you if you decide to take a midnight skinny dip.
- Aqua Cream Waterpoof Cream Color: The company describes the product as "an ultra-pigmented, long-lasting waterproof cream." It's also highly concentrated giving your color a big, bold look that is easily seen. Available in a variety of shades from neon green to peacock blue -- Aqua Cream delivers on the eye color.
- Clinique's Superbalanced Makeup: For less than $25, you can try the same waterproof foundation makeup that some Olympians wear. Clinique's Superbalanced Makeup is an oil-free, hydrating lotion that nourishes the skin and stays in place. Advertised as "streak-proof and sweat-proof" you can take a plunge and come up looking perfect with this liquid makeup.
- Revlon's Colorstay Overtime Lip Color: This nifty lip product stays in place in and out of the water. Besides being semi-permanent, this lip product gives plenty of shine too. Choose between 26 vibrant colors.
- Tarte Matte Waterproof Bronzer: Sweep on a natural color that will stay in place with Tarte Matte Bronzer. You can dust it on to dry skin with a brush and it will stay even after taking a few laps around the water park.