Source: 10 Fun and Frugal Bachelorette Party Destinations
It's time for some wild revelry with your gal pals! The bachelorette party is one of the many fun traditions that the bride-to-be generally partakes in. It's always a bundle of fun to get together with some of your girlfriends and spend some quality time.
Although we offered you great budget tips for a local bachelorette party, I know some of you are itching to travel. Heather Dickson, Associate Publisher of Lonely Planet, weighs in on the hottest vacay spots that will give you a bang for your bachelorette bucks.
- Washington DC: "All the best things to do in DC during the day, except shop, are basically free - including botanical gardens, art galleries and museums. At night hit happy hour at bars like Madam's Organ in Adam's Morgan or try free beginner's swing dancing at The Jam Cellar."
- New York: "Your wallet might not be able to meet all the expectations of your Empire State of mind but budget NYC can still be beautiful. Apartment rentals (try Manhattan Lodgings) can work out cheaper than hotels for larger groups and a bachelorette picnic in Central Park, followed by Earl Grey marTEAnis at the Pegu Club, can make for a dream day."
- Miami, FL: "If you want to see and be seen on your bachelorette party then head to South Beach, Miami. Lincoln Road, Miami Beach Boardwalk and Ocean Drive are made for people-watching and the hotels that make up the backbone of the art deco district include a number of mid-range boutique options."
More from POPSUGAR Smart Living: Unexpected Wedding Venues That Are Easy on the Wallet
- Montréal, Canada: "When your maid of honor fails to book that surprise trip to Paris, take advantage of the better exchange rate and head for Montréal. The flight is cheaper and shorter but the shopping and eating options are superb. Montréal nightlife is the stuff of legends; a vibrant, exciting and ever-evolving scene on the cutting edge of international trends."
- Las Vegas: "Legendary party destination on a budget? With 135,000 hotel rooms to fill there's always a deal in Vegas and shoppers can take advantage of the Shop Vegas Passport (courtesy of the Las Vegas tourism website), which offers discounts on shopping, dining and events."
- Austin, TX: "Austin is a hot city for budget bachelorettes. If you're staying at least a week some extended stay options offer a large suite starting at $25 per night. Barbecue venues like Iron Works BBQ have all-you-can-eat salad bars and cover charge for live-music acts starts at about $3."
- San Francisco, CA: "Whether it's views of the Golden Gate Bridge or walks in North Beach many of the best city sights are the city itself. At night head to AsiaSF, which has simple to deluxe packages from $15 per person. SFO is also the hub for low-fare airline Virgin America."
More from POPSUGAR Smart Living: Budget-Friendly Wedding Venues For History Buffs
- Chicago, IL: "Millennium Park is Chicago's beating heart and a free place to spend an afternoon before a night of deep-dish pizza and cutting-edge comedy, which doesn't have to break the bank. At Home Inn Chicago rents out apartments and B&Bs, and has a good selection of options for those traveling in a group."
- Denver, CO: "Bachelorettes who like brunch will enjoy mornings in the Mile High City, making a good stomach-liner for beer-fuelled evenings in the historic LoDo district. As the hub for Frontier Airlines and second biggest hub for US Airlines ticket deals are generally easy to fine (current flights are as low as $100 round-trip)."
- National Parks: "From Great Smoky to Yellowstone, National Parks can provide good-value escapes. Rent a mountain cabin, switch the spa for a hot spring and feel a sense of freedom before the big day!"
7 Tips to Cut the Costs of Your Wedding Video
5 Simple Tips to Trim Your Wedding Guest List